Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Red Plate


Somewhere along the way when the kids were growing up I read about and then bought a red "You Are Special Today" plate.  It came with an indelible black marker so you could write the dates and descriptions of the special days on the back of the plate to keep track of them.  We never did that because I envisioned more special days than we could record on the back of the plate.  Over the years we've used it to celebrate birthdays, basketball playoff games, cross-country championships, musicals, senior nights, graduations, college acceptances, and new jobs.  I hope my kids know they are special to me every day, but on big days (or on this particular occasion, on the eve before a big week), it's nice to have this plate to remind them how especially special they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment